Enrollment & Registration

Joining in the Mariposa County Unified School District is easy to do. To determine which school a student should attend, call the Student Services Department at 209-742-0250. By providing your address or potential new address, office staff will refer to school boundary maps and help identify what school students should attend.
To enroll in school, potential students and their parents should provide the following to their appropriate school office:
  • Proof of Residency
  • Immunization records
  • Previous school transcripts or recent report card
For Proof of Residency two forms of documentation are required. Acceptable documentation includes utility bills, signed lease contracts. 

No Shots No School

Students are required to present their immunization cards when enrolling in the Mariposa County Unified School District.
California requires students who are from out of state to have verification of chicken pox either through a doctor’s note or immunizations. Chicken pox is a one or two dose series.
Hepatitis B is now required for entrance in California schools for all out of state students and all 7th graders. Hepatitis B is either a two dose or three dose series.
The other required immunizations are the normal baby shots and boosters of polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) as well as diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough (DPT). 


No news posted

InterDistrict Transfers

A request to attend a school outside of the Mariposa County Unified School District.


If you reside outside of Mariposa County, and wish to attend a school in Mariposa County, you should obtain an interdistrict transfer request form from the school district in which you reside and submit it to your district of residence. For example, if you live in Tuolumne County, but want to attend Lake Don Pedro Elementary, you would obtain a Big Oak Flat Groveland School District interdistrict request form, and submit it to BOFG. If you reside in Mariposa and want to attend a school outside of Mariposa County Unified School District, you need to fill out a MCUSD interdistrict request form, attach documentation if required, and submit it to the Mariposa County Unified district office.

Interdistrict Transfer Request Form

Board Policy 5117

Administrative Regulation 5117

IntraDistrict Transfers

A request to attend a school outside of the home school boundary. For example, a student lives in the Woodland Elementary boundary, but requests to attend Mariposa Elementary School.


Intradistrict Transfer Request Form

Board Policy 5116.1

Administrative Regulation 5116.1

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have questions about transfer forms? Click the link below to find some answers to frequently asked questions about transfers. If you need additional assistance after reviewing our FAQs, please contact our office.


Transfer FAQs